What is Taekwondo?
Taekwondo means “The Art or Way
of the Hand and Foot”
Taekwondo is a Korean Martial Art. It is a form of mental as well as physical training. Taekwondo incorporates many facets such as self defense, flexibility, discipline, fitness and confidence building. It aims to condition the entire body by developing physical and mental strength and agility. It is the world’s most popular martial art in terms of number of practitioners.
Taekwondo offers several benefits including:
• Improved physical fitness, stamina, and shape
• Improved balance, flexibility and coordination
• Practice realistic “street-smart” self-defense
• Improved self confidence and mental control
• Learn discipline and respect for others
Children greatly benefit from participating in our Taekwondo program by learning how to direct their physical and mental energy in a positive way. Guardian Institute instills strict discipline and respect as the basis for training and personal success. We view Taekwondo as a way to improve one’ s body, mind and character, and not just a form of physical competition.
Belt System for Taekwondo: